Test Now. Aloha Later.
Carbon Health is a proud partner of Alaska Airlines. Together we’ve allotted designated days and times for those traveling to Hawaii on Alaska Airlines to book a COVID-19 clearance test.
Travel clearance visits are only available in Seattle, Bellevue, Portland, San Diego and Los Angeles currently.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Travelers must receive their results prior to departure.
How it works
Take off for the Aloha State...safely.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Travelers must receive their results prior to departure. Travelers who do not receive their results prior to departure will go into quarantine upon arrival inHawaii with no ability to come out until the state-mandated 2 weeks is complete.
Book an appointment
You'll need to be tested in the 72 hours before your flight. Carbon Health can test infants as young as 3 months, however, the state of Hawaii only requires tests for those 5 years and older. Travel clearance appointments are available 7 days a week from 9am-7pm.
Get in & get tested
As part of the test intake process, have your Alaska Airlines flight itinerary ready to present to a Carbon clinician. You'll then receive a COVID-19 test. Results will be ready by 2pm the day after your test.
Get your results & you’re off
Your test results will be available via the Carbon Health desktop site or mobile app for iOS or for Android. You will receive a text message when your results are ready, and you can log into your Carbon Health account to obtain a downloadable PDF of the test result. This PDF can be used upon entry to the state of Hawaii as proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to your flight's departure.
pop-up testing clinic.
What to expect.
Our clinics may not look like your average doctors’ office, but they function like one. At certain locations, we’re offering COVID-19 clearance exams for adults and children over 3 months old traveling to Hawaii.
During your visit, you’ll receive a COVID-19 Test from a Carbon Health clinician. This test will determine if you are currently infected with COVID-19.
Your COVID-19 test results will be available in your Carbon Health account on the Carbon Health desktop site or mobile app for iOS or Android by 2pm the day after taking the test. Carbon Health will not share any results from your visit directly with your travel carrier.
Carbon Health is a technology-enabled healthcare provider that combines smart technology with modern clinics.
Carbon Health specializes in urgent care, primary care, mental health, and has been working tirelessly to make COVID-19 testing available to all.
- Chat with your provider in real time
- Access your charts & complete records immediately
- Same day urgent, primary & virtual care
- Mental health & pediatric services that fit your schedule
Frequently Asked Questions
- The first step is to create an account with Carbon Health. You can do so on our desktop site or by downloading the Carbon Health app for iOS or Android. Once your account is created, you can then add family members. That way, from a single device you can schedule your family’s appointments and access their results. COVID-19 clearance exams are available for adults and children over 3 months old.
- If you are using the Carbon Health app: Log in to your account, select 'Settings' and click 'Switch Patient'. You will be able to add a family member there and then schedule an appointment on their account. If you are using Carbon Health on desktop: Log in to your account, select your initials in the top right corner, and click 'Switch Patient'. You will be able to add a family member there and then schedule an appointment on their account.
- There may be times close to your appointment when you can book for your family member. A separate account needs to be created to schedule an appointment.
- The cost of the COVID-19 test varies. In Portland, the cost is $135 and in all other Carbon testing locations, the cost is $170 per test. COVID-19 tests for traveling to Hawaii are not deemed medically necessary and therefore the cost of each test will need to be covered by each patient prior to the administration of the test. Tests required for convenience/travel are a non-covered service by insurance and/or the CARES Act. If you would like to attempt to seek reimbursement for the test from your health insurance plan, you can use the after-visit summary and receipt found in the Carbon Health app to send to your insurance provider./travel are a non-covered service by insurance and/or the CARES Act. If you would like to attempt to seek reimbursement for the test from your health insurance plan, you can use the after-visit summary and receipt found in the Carbon Health app to send to your insurance provider.
- Yes - Carbon Health accepts payments via HSA and FSA cards.
- Less than one percent of the time, a test may return an invalid result. This does not mean the test was performed incorrectly but occurs in a situation where the lab device cannot report a result with confidence. If this occurs, you will be contacted for a repeat sampling at no additional cost to you.
- The test will be an anterior nasal swab. Swabbing will only occur to the mid nasal area and will be much more comfortable than the nasopharyngeal swab. The test is run using molecular technology to detect the presence of a virus by identifying a small section of the virus' genome, then amplifying that portion until there is enough for detection.
- Once logged in to your Carbon Health account, you can access the PDF of your test results in the 'My Health' section by scrolling and selecting 'Lab Results'. Once in 'Lab Results', select the test result you would like to view, scroll to the bottom of the page, and select the PDF icon on the bottom left side. If you are using the Carbon Health mobile app, use the Export button on the bottom left to email or message your results PDF. If you are on the Carbon Health desktop site, use the Download button in the top right corner to obtain your results PDF.
Watch how to find and download on desktop.
Watch how to find and download in mobile app.
- We are not accepting walk-ins at this time.
- Yes, please bring your confirmed flight itinerary to your test appointment with Carbon Health.
It might be a bit confusing trying locate and park for this testing location. Here's how to find us:
- Park in the Short Term Parking Garage @ PDX
- Walk across the SkyBridge on Level 4 into the Terminal
- Go down one level to Departures
- Exit out the doors near the Alaska check-in
- You'll find us outside at the blue tents!